The school readiness program is an exclusive pre-school program held at the Butterflies Learning Centre. It caters for children aged 3-6 years old and it aims to give them the right start from an early age by implementing daily mindfulness habits (being aware from the present moment) and expose children to academic content through play.
The program is child centred and promotes play-based activities focusing on all main areas of the child development, i.e. cognitive, social – emotional, gross- and fine-motors skill.
The expected outcomes, all of which are essential to succeed as citizens of the world, are:
- enhanced positive feelings and moods
- lower anxiety and stress
- capacity to self-regulate
- improve social skills and the ability to sort conflict in a positive manner
- strengthened communication skills
- better decision-making
- shapes tolerance, empathy and acceptance of diversity